Welcome to our 4th Annual Local Food Summit in Washtenaw County. Our theme this year is "Remembering Our Roots: Local Food Victories Past, Present, and Future."
Registration for the Summit is open and we will have "early bird" pricing until March 26th (updated). $35 for the day will include a delicious local food lunch. After March 26th the cost will be $45. Once again, we are offering need-based scholarships especially for farmers, students, and other under-represented demographic groups. If you have the ability, your additional donation can support more scholarships for those who might not otherwise be able to attend.
We are working on finalizing the program. Some of the topics that we will address this year include:
- Slow Money: Investing as if Food, Farms, and Fertility Matter
- Michigan's Culinary and Agricultural History
- Food Sovereignty: Why We Can Buy Guns But Not Raw Milk
- Scaling Up Local Food Access
- Food Hubs and Food Innovation Zones
- Finding Farmland, Finding Farmers
- Washtenaw Food Policy Council: Understanding and Leveraging Policy for a Healthy, Fair and Sustainable Food System
- Getting a Fair Farm Bill
- The State of Farm-to-School in Washtenaw County
- Community and Neighborhood Organizing
We believe that we are stronger by knowing each other and by working together. And we believe that we protect what we love. The HomeGrown Local Food Summit provides many opportunities for networking and for learning about the amazing work and the incredible people in our part of the state.
Space is limited, so please register soon to secure your place at the Summit.