Monday, April 2, 2012

Guest Post: Conclusion

A fond farewell...

...until next year. The Summit is nearing its end, and it's time for me to wrap up this party.

This has been a really great, positive experience. I had a lot of fun learning about local foods and my role as a foodshed stakeholder. Hopefully anyone that wasn't able to make it this year will give some thought into attending the 5th Annual Local Food Summit. There has clearly been progress toward healthier, economic, community-driven food, and an eye toward what can be done in the future, as well. This community has its goals in sight and plenty of strength to reach it.

For my part, the theme of past, present, and future victories was incredibly relevant to my experience as a newcomer. It was like a recap of everything that has been done to this point, but with a hook to keep me coming back for more. I want these individuals and organizations to succeed in what they're doing. If they do, I can honestly say that the benefit will equal more than the sum of its parts.

I want to give a shout out and thank Kim Bayer and Monica Patel for being my team's contacts for this project, as well as the Local Food Summit for the privilege to attend. Good luck to the organizations at the Summit, and here's to a great new year! (See you at the Corner Brewery) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment